What is it?
EPP's Certified Pricing Manager 2 –program is expertly designed to accelerate your skills in pricing and is all about gaining transactional control. The program will challenge you to not only prove to master the pricing optimization know-how and know-what, but also show evidence of leading successful pricing projects in your organisation.
The EPP CPM 2 Program curriculum combines width and depth, theory and practice, hard skills and soft skills. The idea is to make a real impact on the pricing maturity development in your organisation. The CPM 2 program is not only an intensive executive program. It is also an intense all-round experience with a group of international and cross-industrial talented peers
The CPM 2 Program is a highly impactful experience, as the certification is based on a success business project delivery.
The ROI of the CPM certification projects exceed 25x the investment fees !
How you benefit of CPM 2
- Develop ability to evaluate your organisational pricing maturity
- Discover concrete tools and actions to install your vital margin improvement projects
- Understand what happens and why it happens by installing the vital pricing reports
- Deliver your 7 margin improvement projects
- Explore ways to lead successful margin optimization projects
- Gain transactional control
- Optimize your pricing analytics
- Implement an effective price increase program
- Learn to build and deploy an effective discount policy
- Installing an effective pricing organisation with roles and responsibilities for transactional control, governance and KPI’s
- Gain actionable insights how to improve your organisational pricing maturity
- Define the right priorities for your next 12 months roadmap
- Become a Certified Pricing Manager - Level 2
EPP's Certified Pricing Manager 2 program has been developed for:
- Everyone involved in the price setting in the organization
- Pricing analysts
- Pricing managers
- Product managers
- Everyone who wants to take pricing to the next level and gain transactional control
Application requirements for CPM® level 2 : A minimum of 6 months of relevant experience in all aspects of pricing including, but not limited to pricing analytics, cost price analytics, reporting, price setting, margin management.
What participants will learn:
Top important topics that will be covered during the CPM 2 program
- Impact and the role of Pricing
- The EPP Pricing Maturity Model to assess your organizational pricing maturity
- All the challenges at every stage of your pricing maturity
- Your company’s organizational readiness, processes, tools and systems.
- The vital pricing reports/analytics
- The 7 major price optimisation and margin improvement projects
- Price increases
- Trusted pricing advisor role
- Pricing organization
- Transactional control, governance and compliance
- Start with your CPM project and your priorities for the upcoming 12 months
How participants learn:
- Learn from our world-class CPM faculty, who are leading authorities
- Gain insights from CPM faculty and industry participants
- External view of pricing excellence
- Gain key industry insights
- Bench marking of pricing in comparison to other CPM Participants
- Applying CPM learning in a business case
- CPM Project delivery
- 4 days action learning in a vibrant city
- Intense all-round learning experience with a group of international and cross-industrial talented pricing peers
- Interactive learning sessions
- Network opportunities with a global peer group, sharing personal experiences and debating the industry’s latest hot topics
To obtain a CPM Certification, you work on an actual business challenge for your company. As the final CPM® certification depends on whether you succeed in completing the identified margin, profit optimisation or change targets set by yourself and your direct manager(s) in your certification project plan. The projects are evaluated by the EPP Certification Board (and internal project sponsor).
- During the CPM Program you will discuss with the CPM Faculty and other participants your goals and CPM project and delivery.
- You provide EPP a CPM Project Charter which will be evaluated to meet the requirements of a CPM certification project.
- You have 6 months to start/deliver the project, during which you get access to optional project coaching by the CPM faculty.
- During the CPM certification Board Meeting where you will defend your project for the CPM Project Board and your project sponsor.
CPM Certification allows you to build your pricing maturity roadmap, doing the right things right at the right moment in your career. Certification is based on real business project success with an average ROI of 25x the program investment.
Experienced Management Consultant
Diana brings 15 years of experience as a management consultant in Commercial Excellence. Her experience comes from being an in-house consultant for manufacturing companies and for a leading consulting firm. Key expertise areas are Pricing, Revenue & Profitability Management, Customer Segmentation, Market Assessment and Commercial Analytics. As part of two major Pricing Transformation journeys, Diana has spent five years designing and managing B2B Pricing processes, which included: designing and implementing centralized pricing processes and systems; managing pricing operations; seeking margin improvement opportunities through cross functional projects. Diana has successfully managed teams up to 16 people, both as line manager and as project lead, locally and in remote setups and across countries. She has extensive experience in facilitating workshops, orchestrating work towards deliverables and managing stakeholders.
“CPM is a hands on program where participants have access to classroom education while applying it to their reality right away. The fruitful discussion in the room, plus the project charter achieved by the end of the week ensures actionable insights are taken back to the day to day work.”
Experienced Management Consultant
Björn is founding partner at PAGE-37 and previously an Associate within the Pricing and Profitability Management competence center of Monitor Deloitte in Belgium and Switzerland. Throughout his career, Björn is active as a consultant in the domain of Commercial Excellence. His key areas of expertise include Customer Management Strategy, Sales Force Management, Pricing and Profitability Management and Entrepreneurship. He has demonstrated top level analytical and tactical skills which, combined with a high level of pragmatism, lead to successful process reengineering and strategy implementations. He acts as a lead member of the European Pricing and Profitability Management Community. As such, he drives the further development of pricing methodologies and market awareness. He is a regular guest speaker at conferences. Bjorn is a professional coach and trainer and has extensive experience in workshop facilitation and interviews.
Experienced Independent Consultant
Dr. Ian Tidswell has 20 years of B2B pricing experience across a range of industries, from startups to world-leading enterprises, as a consultant, operator, leader and coach. Today, he trains, advises, and coaches some of the world's most innovative companies across a wide range of industries, helping them develop pricing architectures that enable them to meet their commercial goals. Ian, formerly a McKinsey consultant, started his pricing journey at Vendavo and then led a pricing transformation at Medtronic before becoming the head of pricing for Syngenta. He has been a trainer for EPP (including the CPM2 & 3, Channel Pricing and MedTech programs) for the last 6 years, and is based in Basel, Switzerland.
“I value and enjoy the CPM training programs. For anyone starting their pricing journey or wanting to move up to the next level, the programs offer a unique combination of theory and best-practice, along with hands-on exercises that help participants map out their pricing initiatives confidently. The CPM 2 and 3 projects over the following 6-12 months help to bring the concepts to life in practical, valuable ways, under the guidance of the trainers. Personally, I very much enjoy learning about the participants companies and pricing experiences (a key part of the program value is the networking and exchange of experience. Often my relationship with the participants continues well after the training and projects are completed.”
Venue Information - Emperador Hotel Madrid
Emperador Hotel is located in Madrid’s Gran Vía, the heart of Madrid. Gran Vía is synonymous with theatres, cinemas, shows, restaurants, cocktail bars, nightlife, shops, businesses, boutiques… It has everything, and there is no better way to enjoy it all than from the privileged location of Hotel Emperador.
This elegant and stylish hotel offers a cocktail-bar located on the terrace boasting views of the Royal Palace, Almudena Cathedral and Gran Vía Avenue.
Emperador Hotel is just 10 minutes’ walk from the Royal Palace and Puerta del Sol, Madrid’s main square. Santo Domingo, Plaza de España and Callao Metro Stations are within a 3-minute walk, connecting you with the famous Art Triangle in just 15 minutes.
The hotel has also a lobby bar with a permanent art-gallery offering temporary exhibitions.
DatesType : In-Person
Start : 24 Oct 2023 at 09:00
End : 27 Oct 2023 at 17:00
Duration : 4 days
Location : Madrid
The fee for Certified Pricing Manager 2 is €5350.00
The program fee includes
- All learning materials
- Certification fee
- All EPP organized lunches (4) and coffee breaks during the program days
- Evening activity including a CPM dinner
Please note that the program fee does not include travel expenses, accommodation, individually organized dinners and other incidentals. VAT is applicable based on locations and companies. We try to negotiate special hotel rates if possible - please ask the hotel for the best rates. If you have special requests, please connect with Silvia Garrido at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EPP reserves the right to cancel or postpone events/sessions, or alter the country, location or venue in case of force-majeur, unforeseen circumstances, or if minimum registration numbers are not met. In case of such cancellation, postponement or alteration by EPP, registrants will receive a rollover credit for attendance at the rescheduled sessions. For more information please have a look at our Terms and Conditions.
Training Fee Discounts
Joining the CPM program as a team, or with your pricing colleagues, offer additional benefits such as team alignment, reflection, and fruitful discussions. We understand that and provide group rates to facilitate your peer learning.
- €5350 full training fee
- €4850 team 2 registration
- €4300 team 3 and more registration fee
- 10% discount for our CPM Alumni
- €300 discount for EPP Prime Members
* fees per participant
Cut Complexity for Effective Pricing
Strategic pricing puts you on the path to improved profitability, but the process can be complex – especially in B2B. Pricing and sales leaders are most successful when they work with internal teams to effectively develop, maintain, manage,and optimize pricing across the complex structures found in every organization.